- I am committed to providing exceptional, timely, and friendly service.
- Your work is treated confidentially.
- I’m not finished until you’re happy with the result.
- I offer a full money-back guarantee.
- I will take every possible care with your work.
- The author is responsible for the accuracy of information.
- Please pay as soon as possible, or by the 20th of the month following invoice date.
- Please see limitation of liability, below.
To receive the best service, please:
- book your job in advance so I can allow enough time for the job
- provide me with a sample of the document
- advise me of any budget constraints
- be available to answer questions that arise.
You’ll remain in control of the content and look of your document. I ensure this by:
- using your style manual (if available)
- following your instructions carefully
- respecting and preserving the writer’s ‘voice’
- checking with you before making big changes
- using ‘Track Changes’ – you accept or reject all changes
- using ‘Comments’ to explain changes or to raise issues
- meeting your deadline.
Estimates and quotes
I provide estimates and quotes on all work, if a sample of the document is provided.
An estimate is the approximate amount of time I believe it will take to complete the services required, based on word count. Once I’ve started proofreading, if I believe the price will exceed the estimate by more than 25%, I’ll let you know as soon as possible. If you ask for changes to my service after I’ve started work, the price will change accordingly. If you require a (fixed) quote, please send me the final draft that’s ready for proofreading. If you’re still working on the document, I can give you an estimate instead. Send through the final draft when it’s done and I’ll update the estimate to a quote.
Please pay as soon as possible. Private individuals, please pay within 7 days of invoice date. Corporate clients please pay by the 20th of the month following invoice date. You can pay using your credit card via Paypal, or by bank transfer. I accept all major credit cards through the Paypal secure payment system. Paypal transactions incur a 3.5 to 5% fee. I also accept cashiers check and money order. Overdue invoices are charged 5% charge on the balance due, per month.
I won’t share your information with anyone else without your consent. I’m also happy to sign a confidentiality agreement if requested. Please contact me if you have any questions.
I normally use emails as the contract between you and me, and summarize the job details on a job summary and estimate sheet that I’ll share with you. However, if you would like something more comprehensive, please ask. I have a detailed, formal contract that can be adapted to your needs, or you are welcome to draft one to suit your needs.
If you have any concerns, please raise them directly with me, immediately. I will address them promptly. If the issue cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, I will refund your money.
Limitation of liability
I provide editing suggestions and advice in good faith and to improve documents according to my experience. I do my best to eliminate as many errors from your document as possible, and strive for 100% success. However, due to the nature of this work, I cannot guarantee perfection, and I am not responsible for omissions or errors in clients’ documents. Please check all documents carefully before publication. If you have any doubts about the content or legality of your publication (for example, issues to do with libel, slander, plagiarism, copyright infringement, due credit), I recommend that you raise this with your organization, and contact your lawyer for legal advice. I am not responsible for the content or legality of your publication.
Thank you for taking the time to read the terms and conditions, and I look forward to working with you!